Inspired to explore
your spiritual nature?
“When we are no longer locked into a rigid adherence to position and point of view, learning can be fun and light-hearted. Then every new vista becomes a playing field of opportunity.”
KAREN JOHNSON - Co-Founder of the Diamond Approach
If you are longing for a supportive community committed to learning, joining a retreat group at Diamond Approach Australia might be precisely what you are looking for.
Our retreat groups are the primary vehicle for ongoing development on the Diamond Approach path, serving to guide and encourage your spiritual journey.
If you are in touch with what A.H. Almaas calls “the enlightenment drive” – the drive to realise your spiritual nature to the fullest extent in endlessly unfolding ways – then the learning you will experience in an ongoing retreat group will benefit you.
Interested in joining an ongoing retreat group?
A shared journey of spirit!
The teaching is taught in open-ended retreat groups committed to long-term inquiry, guided by our teachers who have extensive training.
After an initial open period, ongoing retreat groups close and stop accepting new members. The closing of the group fosters a stable, committed, supportive learning community that continues to share the unfolding path of this teaching.
Through an ongoing retreat group you will discover:
- A step-by-step, gradual path of awakening that clarifies and expands your consciousness
- Spiritual practices that help you become more present and aware
- Qualities of presence that realise your potential and bring you fulfilment
- What it means to love the truth for its own sake
- Skills for practicing open and open-ended inquiry
- How this teaching differs from spiritual paths that focus on transcendence
- How to be in the world but not of the world
- How to defend against inner-judge attacks that constrain your self-acceptance and compassion
- An experiential understanding of how your individual soul grows and evolves.
What are you likely to experience on this journey of discovery?
- Aliveness: Awakening to new dimensions of joy and contentment
- Subtle Sensing: Embodying varied aspects of presence with awareness
- Inquiry: Refining your capacity for ongoing discovery and new insights
- Guidance: Seeing and undoing common obstacles to experience more freedom
- Direct Experience: Living in the moment without shame and judgement
- Presence: Experiencing the mystery of your spiritual nature.
FAQs about ongoing retreat groups
If you are becoming interested in joining an ongoing retreat group, and want more detailed information, read our responses to some frequently asked questions.
How to join an ongoing retreat group
Joining an ongoing retreat group involves completing the same application process required for starting individual sessions with a Diamond Approach teacher.
Step 1:Complete a comprehensive and confidential questionnaire which will be forwarded to one of the teachers working with the ongoing group.
Step 2:Participate in a personal interview (usually conducted by telephone or Skype) with one of the teachers working with the ongoing group.
This two-step application process may occur at different times for different people. For example, some people complete the application process when they start working with a teacher and before attending their first ongoing group retreat, while other people complete the application process after attending a couple of retreats and when they start individual sessions with a teacher.
Usually, attending one-off retreats and working with a teacher precedes joining an ongoing retreat group. However, we are open to responding to your unique way of joining an ongoing retreat group. You can discuss your pathway with Rosanna, our Manager.
A new ongoing retreat group is opening in 2021
Do you want to join our new ongoing retreat group?
To find out more information, register your interest and commence the initial application process, contact Rosanna – our Manager, and she will support you through the process.
Retreats you can do now while you wait for a new group to open
Becoming involved in an ongoing retreat group is dependent on a new group being available for you to join. In the time between the close of one group and the opening of another, there are many ways you can engage with the teaching at Diamond Approach Australia.
Our one-off, face-to-face retreats provide an opportunity to get a taste of the teaching in the lead up to joining a new group.
You are welcome to come along to one or more of our one-off retreats even if you have no intention of joining an ongoing group and doing sessions with a teacher.
One-off, face-to-face retreats in a group setting give you a taste of the teaching and a chance to “try on” our method of inquiry, meditation and awareness.
Waiting for our next ongoing retreat group to start meeting?
While you wait you could do a one-off retreat, register for an online course, do a free webinar, or start individual teacher sessions.